Tuesday, April 17, 2007

3/15/07: Facilitator Meeting (1.5 Hours)

Today, I observed the 8th grade assistant principal, David Strickland, at the 8th grade Facilitator's meeting. This was a meeting consisting of about 8 teachers (1 teacher from each team). During this meeting, he had an agenda and simple asked for input on the different items on the agenda. It seemed as though some of the teachers didn't respect him; they continued to argue with him until he got fed up and said "We're doing it this way, because I said so." I definitely can tell that he's still learning his role and how to deal with the many different personalities of the 8th grade teachers.
Sitting in on this meeting made me rethink becoming an AP. I really don't want to deal with all of the drama that goes on between teachers. These teachers are very hard to deal with and I personally really don't want to deal with them and their attitudes. For the most part, they only want what's best for themselves instead of what's best for their students. I am going to have to do a lot of soul searching if I am going to be an assistant principal.

No comments: