Today, I was working with the Assistant Principal, Nancy Caudell, who is in charge of testing administration and special education. In order to prepare for the 8th grade Writing Test, there are many things that must be done. As I was working with her, I learned many aspects of standardized testing, that I never even knew existed.
The two most interesting things that I learned were that if teachers do not follow the standardized testing procedures, it falls back on her. She had to document everything that she says and hands out in order to cover herself in case a violation does occur. The other interesting piece of information that I learned about was the fact that special education students who are at our school and it's not their home school, their test scores are not factored into our schools' test scores; their test scores are factored into their home school test scores. With this interesting concept, she said that it's imperative that she keeps up with all of the special education students whom are at other middle school. She also needs to ensure that those teachers are doing what they need to be doing in order to ensure that we make AYP.
After working with testing and special education, I don't think it's the leadership position that I want to fulfill. There are many rules and regulations that are needed to be followed by all teachers. It makes me very leary to think that if other teachers don't do what they're told to do, then it becomes my responsibility. Overall, it was an enlightening day to let me know what I don't want to do when I get into leadership.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment